Hastings Station History.
The first train arrived at Hastings station in 1851 and with it began Hastings’ heyday. The station was originally V-shaped allowing the two railway companies to have separate platforms and booking areas: one side for SER trains to pass through and the other as a terminal for LBSCR services.
The whole station was reconstructed in a neo-Georgian style in 1931 and only the goods shed remained unchanged. All trains now ran through the two new island platforms and a huge central booking hall welcomed travellers.
The station building was re-built in 2004, with the neo-Georgian booking hall demolished and replaced with a modernist building. The southernmost loop platform has been curtailed into an Ashford facing bay. The station contains a small police post manned by British Transport Police, although this is a satellite of the Ashford International police station.