We know that you all look
forward to seeing
more images from the past,
so, here we are agin now into
16 Chapel Park Road. 1905.
A fine old house on London Road. 1905. Ivy Bank.
A tram on the ‘circular route’ passing Holmhurst St Mary on the Ridge. 1905.
Augustus Hare on The Porch – Holmhurst St Mary at Baldslow. 1905.
Holmhurst St Mary in the late 1940s.
HOLMHURST St MARY.
In the 19th Century, Augustus Hare, a writer, acquired Holmhurst at Baldslow, East Sussex, and made many improvements to the property and its extensive grounds. With the proceeds of his travel books on Italy, France, Spain and Scandinavia, Augustus Hare built improvements to Holmhurst St Mary, within view of the Channel, making these additions both Italian and Pre-Raphaelite. Augustus Hare not only wrote but illustrated his own travel books, the finest of which is Florence. And he drew images of his dream house as it became reality.
Battle Road. 1920.
Bexhill Road, Church hall but not connected to St Ethelburgers Church in Filsham Road. Hall is now the Hastleon Hall Picture dates as from 1910.
Canonesses of St Augustine Convent – Filsham Road. 1904.
Church of The Holy Ghost bottom of Harley Shute Road in 1958. Today a motor accessory shop and banner printers occupy the space.
Caroline Parade and Beach. 1904. Watching the tide come in!
Combermere Road. 1905.
Crabtree House – Archery Road. 1935. Now a block of flats occupies the ground to where this fine building once stood.
Dane Road. 1905.
Dane Road. 1912.
DeCham Road. 1908.
Essenden Road. 1912.
Departing from Hastings Pier. SS Alexandra. 1895 – 1904.
Greenleaf Terrace Battle Road. 1908.
Fun and Games at the Bathing Pool. 1938.
Keep fit at the Bathing Pool. 1956.
Roller skating on the roof of the Bathing Pool. 1935. Oh dear mind you don’t fall over on yer B..m!
Roller skating on top of the Bathing Pool. 1935.
Henderson House Downs Road. 1945.
Henderson House – Downs Road – Hastings 1945. Henderson House, Downs Road (formerly
Abbotsfield) that was set up as a holiday home for poor people of Hampstead and operated from approx: 1945 to 1960 by James Stewart Henderson.
Hastings Workhouse – Frederick Road (formally named Cackle Street or as others called it Workhouse Lane). 1908.
Hydneye House – Baldslow. 1908. This stood approximately to where Helenswood School is placed today opposite the Conquest Hospital.
Levetleigh’ 27 Dane Road. 1980 a replacement for the original house which was burnt by suffragettes in 1913.
London Road looking South. 1908.
London Road. 1903.
London Road. 1957.
London Road. 1959.
Malmsbury House, 125 West Hill Road. 1910. Now demolished. Was known as the National Childrens Home.
Marina Fountain altered in 1938 Run by Sam and Sue (first wife died 1937) both bars in front public left saloon right, Bottle – Jug round the back.
Marina Fountain saloon bar. 1938.
Moreton House – Boscobel Road. 1910. Now demolished, It was rebuilt and called Bethune Court.
No 74 Bus going to Boscobel Road at Warrior square. 1951.
Old Town. 1904.
On the beach at West Marina. 1908.
Pelham Crescent. (in the middle) 1908.
Rock-a-Nore Road. 1935.
Royal Mail van outside Post Office in Kings Road. c1905.
Sketch of Marine Parade. 1825.
Skinners coach. 1955.
Southwater Road. 1905.
St Mary’s in the Castle Church. 1910.
Interior St Marys In the Castle Pelham Crescent. 1910.
St Marys in the Castle. 1910.
The Fishermans Church – Rock-a-Nore Road. 1903.
The Market Cross, Old London Road. 1906.
The Paddle Steamer ‘The Cynthia’ approaching Hastings Pier 1892.
The rear of the former Coach Works of Rock & Son in Stratford Place – now the British Heart Foundation Shop – White Rock Parade. 1885.
The Wishing Tree Road Junction. 1957.
Tin Houses built as temporary housing after WWII in Bristol Road Hollington. 1957.
Trolley Bus No 6 & No. 11 outside the Cemetry on The Ridge. 1956.
VE Day (Victory in Europe) Party in Duke Road May 1945.
Wesleyan Church – Norman Road 1912. Now Flats converted into flats.
Wishing Tree Road Hollington. 1905.
That now completes this window No 27,
now look out for Pictures 28!
Thanks you for looking.
Copyright © richardpollard.co.uk 2008 – 2018
© Richard Pollard 2008 – 2018